05 November, 2007

I judge people who don't judge people for using poor grammar

Welcome to my inaugural blog here at Blogger.

Many of you may know that I teach writing and I edit documents for a living. So I feel I should warn you: this blog is likely to contain typos. K? K. If that bothers you, we can have editing bet. Who ever edits the best wins. You can set the amount of money you want to wager. I"ll agree to it automatically, because I'll win. You elitist wanker.

Something fun:
1) Log in to Facebook.
2) in the search box at the top left, search for "I judge people who use poor grammar."

The first group that turns up has more than 200,000 members. But the real fun is in perusing the six pages of other groups' names that turn up. Hilarity!

It's really amazing how worked up people can get on the internet. One group name calls those who judge users of poor grammar "elitist wankers". Like, dude. Relax. Go smoke a bowl. Or, if you're already a smoker of the electric lettuce, it ain't workin' for ya. Maybe I am elitist. What's in it for you in taking the time and energy to tell me so? Seriously. Weird. I wonder if this guy experienced childhood trauma when a bunch of geeks bullied him in junior high school, mercilessly taunting him for his misspelling of "their". Likely story.

No comments: